2021 Nature Calendar Photo Contest
The Coastal & Heartland National Estuary Partnership is thrilled to present the 2021 Nature Calendar Photography Contest! Please see below for details, rules, and forms for submissions.
Last year over 65 photographers submitted remarkable images of animals and landscapes in the CHNEP program area. The Citizen's Advisory Committee curated a selection of the photos to illustrate the beauty and diversity of our region. These were featured in the 2020 calendar, which was distributed across a 10 county region to 35,000 recipients. We thank our photographers, subscribers, sponsors, and volunteers for their support, and look forward to producing and providing the 2021 Nature Calendar and educational resources to the community.
2021 Nature Calendar Photograph Contest Guidelines:
Entries will be accepted from April 2020 through July 1, 2020. You must complete the online form below in order for your photos to be considered for the calendar.
There are two ways to submit JPEG or TIFF versions of your images and model form:
1) Submit your photos and model release forms through the CHNEP ShareFile Folder. This is the preferred method of submission (link in submission form).
2) Mail the CD or thumb drive and forms to: CHNEP Calendar, 326 West Marion Ave., Punta Gorda, FL 33950-4417. Please write your name and "2021" on the item mailed.
Please keep in mind:
- All entries (up to three images per person) must be provided as JPEG or TIFF files.
- Images should have a resolution of 300 PPI (pixels per inch) or greater.
- Please do not submit images that contain a watermark.
- The CHNEP is a partnership to protect the native, natural environment of southwest Florida: our calendar is consistent with this purpose. Images of animals in distress because of possible interference or harassment will not be considered. Entries of nonnative plants and animals will not be considered.
- Because the goal is to show diversity, entries of subjects other than birds have a better chance of being used. In general, we have not received many entries of sea life, landscapes (especially of our estuaries), weather, plants, and people enjoying the environment.
- Images must be taken within the CHNEP program area - Venice to Bonita Springs to Clewiston to Winter Haven. Please see the area map on the CHNEP home page.
A confirmation will be sent within a week of your photos being received, and winners will be notified by mid-September. Thank you for enjoying our wild areas and sharing the images you've captured with the CHNEP!
We have moved to a "subscription only" calendar/newsletter mailing system to be able to maintain this publication in the face of rising costs. You can receive future calendars and quarterly newsletters to your door, at no cost to you, with our free Harbor Happenings subscription. Once subscribed, you will receive your calendar by mail at the end of the year.